Professional Photography Tips
How to get the most from a Professional Photography session
General Information about your Professional Photography Session
Thank you for choosing me to do your portrait!
Whatever style you've chosen here's some things that will make the session (and the photographs) better.
- Once we've agreed on a date, style of shoot and location, it's locked in. If the location is outside I will confirm the afternoon before, based on the weather forecast.
- If you need to change the date please do so no later than the day before. Sessions cancelled with less than three hours notice attract a cancellation fee.
- Put thought and care into picking and preparing the outfits you want to wear in the photoshoot. Solid colours work best but consider the location and style of portrait when you're thinking about colours. If it's a group shot, the colours should work together. Please don't wear t-shorts with obvious logos and make sure your clothing is clean and ironed. If in doubt about anything take a photo of the outfits you're considering and email them through to me.
- If you have a photograph of a portrait in the style you want, email it through.
- Take care with your grooming and styling. Hair should be washed and styled how you like it. Hair and makeup can be arranged on request (at an additional charge). Bring a grooming and touch up kit with you to the photoshoot.
- Make sure to stay well hydrated (drink lots of water) before your shoot.
- Bring any props you'd like included.
- On the day of the photo session, we will meet at the chosen location with the focus being on keeping it fun and relaxed. We can shoot a number of different outfits, poses and styles.
- Sessions normally take between one and two hours.
- Sneak peak images are generally ready within a week of the shoot
- Preview images will be uploaded to a private page on my website so you can choose which images you'd like.
- You can also choose prints, canvasses and other products (like smart phone cases) at the same time.
- Digital images are delivered within two weeks of the photoshoot.
- Prints and other products are usually ready inside four weeks (depending on what you've ordered).
If you have any questions or special requests don't hesitate to ask or email.